Announcements: Please turn off your adblock for Bullymods.net! Advertisements help us pay for the site, which allows you to use it--
*Also make sure to Introduce yourself, in the below section! Say Hi, and tell us who you are!* ~quinn

Hi

Are you new? Tell us about yourself!
Altas
New Kid
New Kid

Hi

Postby Altas » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:14 am

This is my first time introducing myself on forums.

My name is Altas (As my name for this forum) you can call me Altas or Alta, i'm sixteen years old from indonesian country, i like script modifications but i don't have any idea to do since my knowledge isn't good enough about script mod.

Greetings from indonesian.
We are not take over anything right now

King Cobra
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Hi

Postby King Cobra » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:45 am

Welcome to BullyMods.

I'm a little unclear if you are looking to use mods or create them. To use mods has ways of properly installing them.

As for creating mods......

Modding is something that takes time to learn depending on how well you pick up and understand the topic. Bully mainly consists of lua and other formats of files.

Asking questions in the help section might get you some results on anything you have questions for pertaining to modding. There's also some tutorials you can find on Youtube which go into great detail about lua.

A big tip to keep in mind is to make sure you backup the original data before you make any changes. This can apply to anything really. I've made mistakes far worse than modding, so this is something you will learn one way or another.

If you screw up the game data and have nothing to fall back on, it will suck having to install everything again. Backing up original data is a habit to get into, especially when you don't know what you're looking at.

Most games and applications in general run files in a compiled form for the machine to read. You will rarely see raw code unless it is open-source.

Some even go as far as encrypting that code to prevent people from seeing it. You would be somewhat reverse engineering to reveal code and make it to where a human can read and use it.

After you discover what files are doing, you can from there modify and make changes.

Altas
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Altas » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:58 am

King Cobra wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:45 am
Welcome to BullyMods.

I'm a little unclear if you are looking to use mods or create them. To use mods has ways of properly installing them.

As for creating mods......

Modding is something that takes time to learn depending on how well you pick up and understand the topic. Bully mainly consists of lua and other formats of files.

Asking questions in the help section might get you some results on anything you have questions for pertaining to modding. There's also some tutorials you can find on Youtube which go into great detail about lua.

A big tip to keep in mind is to make sure you backup the original data before you make any changes. This can apply to anything really. I've made mistakes far worse than modding, so this is something you will learn one way or another.

If you screw up the game data and have nothing to fall back on, it will suck having to install everything again. Backing up original data is a habit to get into, especially when you don't know what you're looking at.

Most games and applications in general run files in a compiled form for the machine to read. You will rarely see raw code unless it is open-source.

Some even go as far as encrypting that code to prevent people from seeing it. You would be somewhat reverse engineering to reveal code and make it to where a human can read and use it.

After you discover what files are doing, you can from there modify and make changes.
Sorry for the miscommunication, i want to create mod by scripting, also thank you for the tips, i really appreciate it.

quinn
Administrator
Administrator

Postby quinn » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:06 pm

Welcome to the forums!

Creating bully script mods via LUA isn't too hard once you start to get the hang of it. Try asking around the modding section for some advice, and we'll be happy to help!

Altas
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Altas » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:39 am

quinn wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:06 pm
Welcome to the forums!

Creating bully script mods via LUA isn't too hard once you start to get the hang of it. Try asking around the modding section for some advice, and we'll be happy to help!
Yeah, i have learned LUA from Bully-Board since 2014 but i'm rarely come up to interact with the others, i can made an modifications from LUA script, i just lack of ideas, that is very hard to have a good creativity.

Micavolg
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby Micavolg » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:01 pm

I late but still welcome to the forums :alon: